Thursday, May 24, 2018

Clipper Race Fleet's Extraordinary Whale Encouter


The Clipper 2017-18 Race crew on board Dare to Lead have had the experience of a lifetime after a close encounter with a whale during Race 10: The Garmin American Challenge from Seattle to Panama. In a moment that best summed up the majesty and beauty of waters surrounding Central America, the crew aboard Dare To Lead were within touching distance of the 40-foot whale, which seemed just as fascinated with the Clipper 70 as the crew were with it. Dare To Lead crew member Emily Dixon, a 31-year-old Jeweller from London, UK, adds: “I was in heaven for the forty-five minutes as he swam from side to side, rolling over showing his belly, almost rubbing up against us. I laughed, cried and jumped for joy as he repeatedly came up to us and I really think he loved it as much as we did. “I will never get bored of seeing such huge and graceful creatures out where they are meant to be, reminding me that I am as small as a pea in comparison.”

No comments: