Thursday, September 13, 2018

Limit Your Exposure to Carcinogens


Times are changing.. so is personal protective equipment. Limit your exposure to carcinogens with the safest gear. Transcript: Some of the senior guys that retired within the last couple years that had multiple years like several years and far beyond retirement just stuck around because of their love of the job or the camaraderie of the guys. They had like an old school way so a lot of them were not wearing masks to a certain degree. They still put it on in the middle of doing it and then come off soon as he got off and we were told about how toxic the smoke was I know it is and we're opening our eyes more to it just by now that the equipment that's becoming available. Especially the Nomex hoods, the gear is washable, we're having washers and dryers in our stations now. Well again the newer guys I tell them you know don't be like me you know we we took it for granted we you know we didn't really think of what we're been exposed to it now all the research going on and they're saying that we should you know where ensemble longer more don't overhaul I try to make sure that the guys do make sure they were their gear properly. I've been guilty of it plenty of times I'm more conscious of it because honestly I'm not going to lie. One thing that scared me the most is cancer. Some of the older guys that are that are going out and I don't need to do that, I don't need to wear a hood, and they're realizing, you know, we need hoods, especially with the new ones that we bought. This cancer seems like okay, I don't care what you do, eat healthy, workout, drinking orange juice, plus a cup of coffee or whatever you do your vitamins the whole nine.. no matter what cancer still wants you.I've seen it where two guys here catch it doesn't look good. If that goes for my little girls at home, I don't want to see that. https://ift.tt/2NEMp1T Fire-Dex September 13, 2018 at 10:33AM

No comments: